Tuesday, November 6, 2012

30 Days of Thankfulness - Day 6

Today I am thankful for freedom.

First, I'm thankful that through Christ, I am free.

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. - 2 Corinthians 3:17

Second, I am thankful for freedom in this nation. On this day, Election Day, I am thankful that I was able to go to Homewood Library and place my vote without fear for my life. I'm thankful that each Sunday I am able to walk into church in broad daylight and let me intention to worship be known to everyone around.

I know that there is a debate going on in this country (okay okay, there are many debates going on in this country, but I'm just talking about one) regarding if our first amendment - freedom of religion. But here's my take on this whole debacle...

God promises His people that they will endure suffering and persecution.

“If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you." - John 15:18-19

In fact, in the bible Paul even says that to live is Christ and to die is gain (Philippians 1:21)!

So, I'm not saying that persecution of the church is okay or right, but let us not complain about it - let us show God's love through it!

There are many other reasons that I am thankful for freedom, but instead of going on and on and rambling about what those things are, I want to encourage each of you to respect others' freedom. Respect others' votes, beliefs, and opinions. If you're an American, we have a duty to be united - we are the United States of America...so let us respect each other. If you are a believer, we have a duty to love one another - we are the body of Christ.

If you want to read more about my thoughts on today's election, please click here. 

I've blogged to you...
Now you can blogbacktome

No comments:

Post a Comment