Saturday, November 3, 2012

30 Days of Thankfulness - Day 3

Today I am thankful for my grandparents.

My grandma turns 90 today. I am thankful that she has lived a long and beautiful life.

I am so blessed to have grown up within close proximity to all of my grandparents. My dad's parents and my mom's parents always lived about 10 minutes away from each other. That means that at every big event, birthday party, holiday, and recital, I had four additional people surrounding me with love.

My dad's mom, Grandma Sansom, passed away when I was six. She was the grandmother of twenty-one and her legacy lives on within each of them, as well as within five children.

My dad's dad, Papa, dedicated his life to the church and to serving the community. Between his five children, twenty-one grandchildren, and twenty-something great-grandchildren, he's always on the go. We have all learned so much about dedicating our life to ministry through him.

My mom's parents, Grandma and Grandpa, have lived to see so many incredible things. Grandpa was born in 1921 in Lansing, MI. His life was affect by the great depression and he was forced to drive his father to work each week at the age of thirteen. He knows so much about hard work and perseverance, and I admire him so much for those lessons. My grandmother was born in 1922 in Monroe, LA. She is one of ten children and grew up on a farm. She is number seven in the line of children, and she tells hilarious stories about what life was life back then with such a large family. She has taught me so much about the value of family. Her dad passed away when she was a teenager, and she has given me so much wisdom when it comes to understanding that every day is precious with the people we love.

So, on this third day of November, I would like to wish my grandmother a very happy birthday. I am so thankful for her, and for all four of my amazing grandparents.

I've blogged to you...
Now you can blogbacktome

No comments:

Post a Comment