Sunday, November 18, 2012

30 Days of Thankfulness - Day 17

Today I am thankful for my home.

I spent a good portion of today cleaning our apartment - or as we lovingly call it - The Morales Palace. I spend a lot of time complaining about where I live and wishing for something better. But today I was reminded of how thankful I am for this apartment I call home.

When I moved in with my former roommate, I'd been out of college for a day. I had a part-time job and a summer internship lined up. Other than that, I had no additional income, savings, or help from my parents. I was an adult and on my own. Thankfully, God was faithful and provided for me during a very uncertain season.

Now, my husband and I live in the very same apartment. I am thankful that he was able to move-in to this place once we got married. I'm thankful that together, we don't stress about making rent payments, and that we live within our means. I'm thankful that we're able to dream about what our next home will be like, where it will be, and when that will be.

But I am glad that God has reminded me today to be thankful for what I've been given...and never forget how far He's carried me.

I've blogged to you...
Now you can blogbacktome

No comments:

Post a Comment