This weekend has been hard. I tried to stay on plan the best I could, and I am pretty proud of how well I did. But today I took my "month #1 complete" photos, and I was a little disappointed.
While browsing Pinterest, I saw a pin that was about BBQ Danger Zones from the Skinny Mom blog (you can read it here). It was good advice, but this little fact is what totally blew me away:
I guess I shouldn't be so surprised. That really makes sense. This was just the motivation I needed today to stay on track.
Remember, we're doing this day by day and meal by meal. This isn't a "quick fix" it's a long term lifestyle change.
Here's a quote from Made to Crave that I have printed on my fridge. It's a great reminder as we begin this 4th of July week:
- God has given me power over my food choices. I hold the power—not the food. So, if I’m not supposed to eat it, I won’t put it in my mouth.
- I was made for more than being stuck in a vicious cycle of defeat. I am not made to be a victim of my poor choices. I was made to be a victorious child of God.
- When I am struggling and considering a compromise, I will force myself to think past this moment and ask myself, “How will I feel about this choice tomorrow morning?”
- If I am in a situation where the temptation is overwhelming, I will have to choose to either remove the temptation or remove myself from the situation.
- When I’m invited to a party or another special occasion rolls around, I can find ways to celebrate that don’t involve blowing my healthy eating plan.
- Struggling with my weight isn’t God’s mean curse for me. Being overweight is an outside indication that internal changes are needed for my body to function properly and for me to feel well.
- I have these boundaries in place not for restriction but to define the parameters of my freedom. My brokenness can’t handle more freedom than this right now. And I’m good with that.