Saturday, May 5, 2012

Game Over

Today, I wish for a few more Saturdays, pretty please!

I have had such a productive day. And because of my productiveness, I haven't had time to snack or anything. Usually snacking (on unhealthy items) is my downfall over the weekend.

Last night I was invited to go out to dinner with a couple of friends from church. Jason and I are so blessed to be friends with such amazing people. Even though Jason wasn't there last night, I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

We ate at one of my favorite local restaurants, Iguana Grill.  I guess I celebrated Cinco de Mayo a day early, oops! I didn't eat the best, but I did okay. I just had a cheese quesadilla with some guacamole. I waited until I got my food to even touch the chips (a little trick I learned when my mom did Weight Watchers back in the day). I also broke them in to smaller pieces instead of taking big bites out of them (another WW trick).

After dinner we went back to one of the couple's townhouse. They are actually in the adoption process so we got to hear all about that, hear the name they've picked out, and see a cute little baby fedora. I was so encouraged to hear all about the adoption process, but it also made me think that Jason and I could be doing the same thing in just a few short years!!

This morning I woke up at 7:00 like a normal work week morning. I was frustrated, but then I decided to read on my new Kindle. I finally finished the book that I've been trying to complete since Christmas (victory dance break).

While I was reading I decided that today would be a running day, so after finishing the book I hopped out of bed and made some peanut butter oatmeal with a nice cup of coffee.
Whole wheat oats with chocolate PB2 (it's all gone now)
A little while later I made my way to the gym. It felt good to hop on the treadmill and just listen to music for 45 minutes without having to think about anything.

When I got home I made some lunch. I fixed leftover taco bake, so nothing outstanding enough to take a picture of. I also started some laundry.

As I was finishing lunch, a technician from Charter showed up to finally fix our internet! Whoohoo!!

Next it was time to hit the grocery store. I usually can do a week's worth of grocery shopping in about 30-40 minutes for about $60-$70.  But, as of tomorrow afternoon Jason will be home full-time. I'm super excited, but I'm not really sure how to feed him, full-time.

Since our apartments are across the street from each other, it's not hard for us to eat dinner together each night. I have also been "strongly encouraging" him to start taking his lunch when he works at Apple, so I picked up some whole wheat bread and doubled my deli order.

Jason also sent me these lovely pictures from their tour ice cream social.

My response: Why do I need to see that?

The outcome at Publix was better than I thought it would be. I got enough food for both of us to last the week and it only took me one hour and $91. Not too shabby :)

As I was leaving Publix I began to make conversation with the man who walked my groceries to my car. I'm always reminded in times like those (times that can be sufficiently awkward) that I have such a opportunity to share God's love in day-to-day activities.

Tonight my plans are to clean the rest of my apartment (finish laundry, clean my bathroom, and vacuum the floors). I'm not sure how today turned into my cleaning day, but I guess I want Jason to want to stay in town when he gets home tomorrow and not long for his "luxurious bunk" on the tour bus.

Also, every time a tour ends they have a paper plate award ceremony. Today, Jason received the "Game Over Award". I wasn't sure what to think about that, but I've decided that it's good because he's mine and no one else's...

So...


Game. Over.

That's enough from me. I'll quit rambling and let you talk...

What did you do with your Saturday?

No comments:

Post a Comment