Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Busy Little Bee

Well, the last night and day have been super busy/productive for Jason and me.

As soon as I got home last night, I went to work making our Caribbean chicken. As promised, here's the recipe.

Caribbean Chicken:
Ingredients

  • 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken fillets
  • Caribbean Jerk marinade (I used the Great Value brand)
  • Salt & Pepper
  • 1/2 lime
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Pour half of the marinade into a bowl or container. Submerge raw chicken breasts in the marinade for 20 minutes.
  3. Place chicken breasts in a oven safe pan and pour remaining marinade over the chicken breasts. Add salt and pepper as needed.
  4. Bake chicken for 30 minutes.
  5. Squeeze lime over chicken and serve. 

After dinner, Jason and I headed out to small group. It was so good to be back! 

When we got home, I was so excited to make my Avocado Vanilla Soft Serve. Unfortunately, mine tasted like baby food. I'm not sure what I did wrong. If you try the recipe from Itty Bitts of Balance and you figure out the secret, please let me know!

So what does one do when her desired tasty snack doesn't work out? She goes for Arctic Zero. 
150 calories per pint. 37 calories per serving.

Arctic Zero is a wonderful substitute for those of you with a constant hankering for ice cream. 

Today, I rolled with two boiled eggs for breakfast. 

For lunch I stuck with the usual salad, turkey, nonfat yogurt. 

I partook in the newly-added coffee hour that my friends and I are starting to get a little bit too accustomed to at work. 

When I got home for work, Jason and I took a nice walk along the Lakeshore trail. It was perfect weather and so convenient since it's about 1/2 a mile from our apartment. 

For dinner, I sautéed two tilapia fillets in teriyaki sauce. 
Tilapia with yellow squash and a sliced orange. 
After dinner, Jason and I borrowed a truck and headed down to Montevallo to look at a used washer and dryer. 

About an hour later...

...we had made a purchase! Thank you Craigslist!

Today's ramblings have been quick, but it's been a long 24 hours! 

Have you been productive this week?

Prayer focus for today: Pray for our country, and for the nations in general. As many of you know, our president made a bold statement today. Many people have strong opinions on his statement. May we seek the authority of our King and his Word, rather than depend solely on a fleeting presidency and this temporary life. 


1 comment:

  1. The washer and drying look awesome!!!! So does the Caribbean chicken

    ReplyDelete