Friday, May 11, 2012

Who's Ready for the Weekend?

First of all, before we get into my eats of the day and other random activities, I have a slight public service announcement.

As you all know, I'm very passionate about orphan care, adoption, and foster care. May is National Foster Care Month.

This Saturday, May 12th, there will be a 5K walk at Veteran's Park in Hoover. I'll be there taking pictures and just hanging out from 9:30 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. The walk is only $30. Come hang out for a good cause! If you'd like more information, go to the website. Here is some more information here as well:

Yesterday morning I wasn't super hungry. I just kept with the usual coffee until about 10:00. Then I decided I was getting a bit hungry. I've been waiting for the perfect morning to make "Oats in a Jar" (idea from Itty Bits...I'm telling you, she's my fav).

Oats in a Jar:
Ingredients
  • 2 tbsp. (about) Smucker's Natural Peanut Butter (creamy)
  • 1/2 c. Quaker multigrain hot cereal
  • 1 c. water
  • Sweetener to taste 
Directions
  1. When your peanut butter jar is almost empty (about 2 tbsp. left), set it aside and wait until breakfast.
  2. Pour oats (or hot cereal) in a regular bowl and add water. Heat for 2 minutes or according to the directions given. 
  3. When oats are cooked, add in sweetener to taste. Stir well.
  4. Pour oats directly into peanut butter jar and mix well. 
  5. Let cool and thicken up...and then it's time to enjoy!
Yesterday was quite busy at work (which is why I didn't have time to post this yesterday). It was nice to be super busy though. The pace of the day also carried over into the night. 

When I got home, Jason made himself a little snack-a-roo and I made myself "brinner" (breakfast for dinner). I truly love breakfast foods.

I made eggs (using Egg Beaters egg whites), whole wheat cinnamon and Stevia toast, and a banana/blueberry smoothie.

Here is the smoothie recipe -

Banana/Blueberry Smoothie:
Ingredients
  • 2 ripe bananas
  • 1/2 c. fresh blueberries
  • 1 c. Silk unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • Ice
Directions
  1. Pour milk into the blender
  2. Cut up banana and add to blender
  3. Pour in blueberries to the blender
  4. Add ice.
  5. Blend well.
After dinner, Jason had to do a video shoot at Samford. I decided to tag along. I know I only graduated a year ago, but I just felt old sitting there surrounded by all of the college students. Oh well...

When we left Samford we headed to meet up with some of my friends from college (it was kind of ironic since we'd just been on campus). One of my friends was in town from Texas to visit her fiance. I was happy to see everyone. Unfortunate, Jason and I both had to be up early this morning, so we were the lame ones who left early. 

I think that about sums up yesterday. Today is Friday...which means splurge day!!!!  I believe my sweet man is taking me on a date tonight :)

Happy Friday everyone!

Let the weekend ramblings begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment