Friday, May 4, 2012

T-shirts, Buses, and Autographs, Oh My!

Let me start out this post by saying THANK YOU! I have been overwhelmed by the encouragement of all of you who have expressed appreciation for my honesty on yesterday's post. I know this may sound silly, but I can honestly see that the Lord is working through what I'm writing each and every day. I started writing this blog on a pretty daily basis just because I missed writing and I wanted to do a cleanse. I had no idea that this would turn into a platform for me to share struggles and triumphs, encouragement, and prayer with people! I am certainly thankful for each one of you. Please, never hesitate to contact me via Facebook, Twitter, text, or email. I enjoy the encouragement, honesty, and prayers from others. I also love returning encouragement and offering up prayers!

I was so excited about posting again last night, but I was a little distracted. I went to see Switchfoot at Samford with a group of friends from church. The only thing that wasn't good about the night was the fact that Jason was in Tulsa, OK and Switchfoot is one of his favorite bands.

But wait...I'm getting ahead of myself.

Yesterday was a good day. I popped out of bed in time to do the 30 Day Shred before work. I'm a little sore today, but not as bad as usual. That's a good sign, right?

I was super hungry after that, so I ate some Great Value nonfat vanilla yogurt while I was getting ready for work. I also drank some water because the 30 Day Shred always makes me thirsty.

I was really excited about my lunch yesterday. It wasn't anything special, but it was healthy and it tasted good.
Only the front mug is full. The other two were just previous hot beverages.

Lunch:
2 oz. deli turkey
1 slice reduced fat provolone cheese
1.5 c. spinach leaves
1 tbsp. chia seeds
2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 sugar free Jello cup
8 strawberries
1 green apple
1/2 cucumber sliced

I also realized after I finished eating that I was going to need some coffee.

As soon as I got home I saw another Arnold in the hallway! Wedding gift #2 had arrived!!! This time Jason wasn't here to open it with me, but that's okay. Technology is wonderful. I sent him pictures and we got to celebrate together via text message.
Yay for big boxes and bedding! We honestly need both.

Then I went to work making dinner. I get home around 5:20 or 5:30 each day. Yesterday, I had to make dinner and eat before 6:15 because that's what time we were leaving to get to Samford for Switchfoot. I decided to make a Taco Bake, which is really just a nice little name I created for combining all my favorite taco fixins.

Taco Bake:
Ingredients
  • 1 lb. lean ground beef
  • 1 packet Old El Paso Original Taco Seasoning
  • 2/3 c. water
  • 1 can black beans, drained
  • 1 can diced tomatoes, drained (no salt added)
  • 1 small jar medium salsa
  • 1/2 c. Kraft fat free cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions
  1. Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
  2. Brown the ground beef and drain out the oil.
  3. Mix all of the first five ingredients in a large skillet.
  4. Pour mixture into a square casserole dish. 
  5. Spread salsa over the top.
  6. Sprinkle cheese to cover the top in a light layer.
  7. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.

It was delish! One of my friends arrived as I was finishing up eating. I offered him some Taco Bake and he seemed to like it. I also had plenty left for leftovers!

Next, it was finally time for Switchfoot.

Here's the rundown of the night -

Get to Samford.

Feel awkward because we were about 5-7 years older than all the kids (literally kids) standing on the floor.

Finally the opening band comes out to play. I like The Rocket Summer but I don't know a lot of their stuff. They were good though.

Realize I left all of my money in the car.

Run to my car to get my credit card so I can buy Jason some merch.

Text Jason to see which Switchfoot shirt he wanted.

Stand there and wait for him to reply.

Decide not to wait any longer. A line was forming behind me, and having a fiance who sells band merch for a living, I didn't want to be that girl.



Buy Jason a black shirt. Buy myself a little something too.

Go back inside and find my group. Wait patiently for Switchfoot to take the stage.

Watch Switchfoot put on an awesome show.

Wait outside for Jon Foreman.

Walk around the backside of the Pete Hanna Center to find the buses.

Wait for Jon Foreman some more.

Meet Jon Foreman.
I got starstruck for sure...but not as much as the girl who had him sign her Samford ID.

Tell Jason. Jason got jealous.

Decide to possibly drive to Chattanooga next week to see Switchfoot again. This time with Jason (P.S. If anyone knows a place we could possibly stay, let me know, seriously!).

So that about sums up what turned out to be a really awesome day.

As usual, here is my calorie count for the day (much better than Wednesaday):

It's Friday, so enjoy the weekend and the goings on of finals, Springtime, or whatever it is you kids do these days :)

Enough rambling, I must go eat lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment