Friday, April 5, 2013

Eat Your Heart Out

Remember last year when I did the cleanse before I went wedding dress shopping? Well, I'm going to do it again - minus the wedding dress shopping.

I've almost finished Made to Crave (I took on another book while I was reading this one, so it's taken me longer to finish it) and I feel as though the Lord is prompting me to do something drastically obedient.

Interestingly enough, I just finished reading all of the laws that God gave to Moses about what the Israelites could and couldn't eat, about their sacrifices, and how they are to conduct their lives as God's chosen people.

I don't believe in coincidences, but I believe in answered prayers. I feel like everything that I've been reading, praying, learning, talking about, and writing about is all coming together - converging roads if you will. I know that God has allowed me to come to this place in what I'm learning because I've been begging Him to teach me.

This is how I feel.
Source

Teach me to trust.
Teach me to be obedient.
Teach me to crave His glory.
Teach me dependence.
Teach me to pray.

Source
These have been my prayers over the last four weeks or so, and God has been faithful to answer each of them. I'm on a journey - and if you've read my blog for any length of time, you know that.

I've always tried to be healthier to lose weight. While I still want to achieve a healthier life and I'd love to fit into my old jeans from college, this is the FIRST time that I'm doing this as a spiritual journey in which I am more focused on what God wants to do inside of my heart.

As I did last time, I'm going to attempt to blog about my cleanse each day. You can read the posts from my first cleanse here:

I will begin on Monday, April 8th and, Lord willing, end on Sunday, April 14th. I really liked the "Modified GM Cleanse" (or the "Eat Your Heart Out" diet) so I'm going to stick with that. If anyone would like to do it with me, I'm posting the plan below for you to reference. I would ask this though: If you're planning on doing this cleanse as well, please let me know so that we can encourage each other along the way. Just send me an email or text so that I know :)
Source
Please be in prayer for me as I prepare for this cleanse and as I embark on this challenge. Pray that the Lord would be faithful to allow me to forget my hunger and cravings for delicious sugary foods and yummy crunchy, salty snacks. I'd also love encouragement along the way. If you think about out, a little shout out of encouragement would be a wonderful gift to receive next week.

Alright, that's all of today.

Thanks for reading!

Have a good weekend everyone!

I've blogged to you...
Now you can blogbacktome

No comments:

Post a Comment