Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Day 2: Dreams of Sugar, Candies, and Carbs

Verse of the Day: "Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words." - Romans 8:26

Yesterday I got home from work, ate an entire watermelon, and went to sleep. 

Just kidding...but that's what I wanted to do. I did however eat a lot of watermelon and cantaloupe, made another juice, ate an apple, ate some grapes, ate an orange, made some tea, watched TV, cleaned the apartment, and went to sleep. All the while "fiesty Jessica" had taken over and Jason found it to be quite humorous, until the jokes were on him. 
My dinner last night.
I'll attribute my "fiesty-ness" to lack of protein and caffeine, but who knows, maybe it really just was one of those days. As soon as I got home, I ate my melons and drank my juice (which left the worst aftertaste ever). About an hour later, I ate an apple. I was going to try to let that be it for the night, but before bed I got really really weak, saw a box of Cheez-Itz and almost went for the kill. Thankfully, I grabbed some grapes and went and sat on the bed - away from all food. Then I wondered back into the kitchen, saw some crackers, and almost went for the kill again. You're probably thinking, "What an idiot, just stay in your room - stop going to the kitchen!" and that would have been a pretty good plan except that I couldn't sit still because I was so hungry! Thankfully, I made it through and I have not cheated once. Although if thinking about cheating counted for anything, I had dreams of sugary goodness and crunchy, salty snacks all. night. long.
 
The juicer has revolutionized the fruit and veggie days of this cleanse.
The worst part about it is cleaning it up afterwards.
"Jason, are you sure I have to do this before bed?" I said.

Also, yesterday I think I drank more water than I ever have in my life. I honestly quit counting at 12 cups. 


Here's an overview of everything I ate yesterday. I put my food into myfitnesspal.com according to what I aim to eat on a "healthy" day - 1,200 calories, less than 165 grams of carbs, 40 grams of fat, at least 45 grams of protein, at least 14 grams of fiber, and less than 24 grams of sugar. What a weird eating day. If myfitnesspal.com were a human, they'd probably think I'd gone off the deep end. 
The sugar-watcher in me says that's WAY too much
sugar for one day...but I'm just following the directions!
Today I woke up really excited. Why? Because my breakfast consisted of a baked potato! When I got out of bed this morning, I said, "Jason, I get to eat a potato!!" Literally, that was the first thing I said. He said, "For breakfast?!?" Yes Sweety, I know I'm nuts. Thank you for not pointing it out. So, I made my baked potato and enjoyed every last bite.
It might not look like much, but this potato was my best friend this morning.
Then I ate it.
While getting ready for work, I also made some okra, mixed veggies, broccoli, and cut up some cucumbers and celery for the day. I did run into a little bit of a problem though because our fridge isn't working. It freezes everything that goes inside. If I didn't know any better, I'd think the White Witch from Narnia was living in there. We've asked them to come fix it, but it hasn't happened yet. Unfortunately, that means almost all of the fresh veggies I bought on Saturday are that weird, frozen, mushy texture and I really don't think I can handle that. I'll probably be making a run to the grocery store during my lunch break today...which makes me really upset, but what can you do? I just gotta roll with the punches. 
Cucumber, celery, and lots of spinach.
So, here's the big question of the day: How am I feeling after Day 1?

Well, my head hurts. I reread all of my materials from the website that I got the cleanse from and it turns out that I can have coffee, it just can't be all jazzed up. Honestly, I haven't had any though because I'm afraid that my headache is coming from my caffeine withdrawal. If it doesn't go away in about an hour, I'm going to have to break down and drink a little bit of coffee because it's hard for me to function with such a bad headache. 

Also, like I said, I've been kind of grumpy. Basically, I have no filter, which can be funny sometimes unless I'm addressing you. I don't like feeling this way, and I've said a couple of things (mainly to Jason...sorry) that were kind of mean, but I've tried to just keep to myself until I get past this stage. 

I've been a little bit shaky/weak as well. My plan yesterday was to go walk after work because it was such a nice day, but I was literally shaking when I left work so I decided that I probably don't need to pass out on the Lakeshore Trail. I brought clothes to go today, but any sort of exercise while cleansing is going to be a spur of the moment decision that is 100% depended on how much energy I have. 

I'm continually praying throughout the day that the Lord gives me strength physically, spiritually, emotionally, and mentally to get through these first few days. Please keep praying for me throughout this process...it definitely helps! 

That's all I have for now! Day 2 is here and it's going to be great (see, the positivity it key...I think I can, I think I can)!

I've blogged to you...
Now you can blogbacktome


No comments:

Post a Comment