Sunday, April 22, 2012

Day 2: Veggies in my Belly

Two days down and five more to go!

Before I get started on my day two stories, I wanted to go back to day one for just a moment. First, I weighed myself this morning and I was two pounds lighter than I was at the beginning of day one.  YAY! I've been keeping track of my calories on myfitnesspal.com. I'm keeping track more just out of curiosity. If I go over my calorie intake for the day, I still eat as long as I'm hungry (best part about the cleanse thus far). Yesterday my calorie intake was over by about 100 calories. I still continued eating though because, as you remember, I got really weak toward the end of the night.

Now, onto day two!

This morning I woke up and had mentally prepared myself to eat veggies for breakfast. I ended up eating a cucumber and drinking some herbal tea. I had some time to kill before church, which was good because I really needed to prepare for the eighth grade small group I teach on Sunday mornings. It was a beautiful morning, so I opened up the sliding glass door and window and enjoyed the cool breeze as I drank my tea and ate my cucumbers.  

Cucumbers and tea. A combination I never thought I'd eat for breakfast.
I headed off to church to teach my lovely eighth grade girls small group. Side note: We discussed how we love God today. So to go along with that lesson, I had my girlies take the 5 Love Languages assessment. I am Words of Affirmation first but followed by one point, I'm Quality Time. 

When I got home, I made myself a lovely lunch. Today called for a potato. I didn't want to spend time cooking a potato, so I went through the drive though at Wendy's to get a plain baked potato. I also stopped at Whole Foods on my way home and some garden vegetable hummus to accompany my raw veggies. Funny contrast between the Whole Foods bag and the Wendy's bag. 

I tore into that potato like nobody's business. And there's the Hunger Games cup!
Lunch:
2 c. of Spinach Leaves
1/2 Avacado
1/2 Squeezed Lemon
1 Plain Baked Potato
1 tsp. of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter

I had to snack a lot this afternoon. I spent some time chopping and sautéing some zucchini and yellow squash. 
Perfect colors for a beautiful day.

I also made some tea. 

About an hour later, I was ready for another snack. This time it was celery and my veggie hummus.

Snack two and three. I didn't eat all of the celery. I just cut all of it for the week at one time.
Then about an hour later I was getting ready to leave for church, and so I ate another snack. Yummy green beans with a little bit of salsa mixed in for a kick. 

Around 5:00 I headed out the door for church, again. I had a couple of errands to run on my way there, but I ended up only being able to cross one off my list before church. Oh well...

I made another stop at Walmart on my way home from church. I think I have everything for the rest of the week, but this is really getting kind of expensive. I haven't spent any more on food this week than I normally spend, but if I have to go to the store again, I'll be over budget. On the bright side, this cleanse is so strict that it doesn't allow me to eat out at all, so it all balances out.

I also got a lampshade for my new garage sale lamp! I'll post a picture tomorrow hopefully.

I finally got home tonight around 8:30. I was hungry, but I wasn't starving, which was a surprisingly good feeling. After last night I was really afraid I would be about ready to pass out on my way home from church. For dinner, I made a modified version of my lunch salad. Unfortunately, I couldn't eat another potato. 

Green goodness. 
Dinner:
1 c. Spinach Leaves
1 c. Chopped Kale
1/2 Avacado
1/2 Squeezed Lemon
5 Cucumber Slices
1/2 c. Mild Salsa

I haven't had to eat anything else tonight, which is pleasantly surprising. I spent the remainder of my evening cutting up fruits and preparing for work tomorrow. 

So far, I haven't been tempted to cheat, but I am afraid that I will now that the work week is beginning. I'm trying to be as prepared as possible. It should be relatively easy tomorrow, but I worry about day four and five since I'm limited in what I'm able to eat. I'm really just worried about being hungry, but I think by then my body will be used to this...I hope. 

Here's my calorie count for today. Veggies are definitely less calories. 

So, goodnight all. Goodnight blogisphere. Tomorrow I get fruits AND veggies! Hooray!


No comments:

Post a Comment