Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Day 4: This-Cleanse-is-Bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S

A little Gwen Stefani throwback for all you early 2000s middle/high schoolers out there. 

Happy Tuesday everyone! In an effort to not lose readers, I'm going to try to keep today's blog short and sweet. I had a lot to say yesterday, but today is just...well...bananas.

I also need to clarify that Jason's dinner picture that he demolished last night was a special and rare occasion. He tours with Casting Crowns as one of their merchandise guys and one night of each tour Mark Hall, the band's lead singer, takes all of the crew guys out for a manly man's dinner. That's why there was so much meat. He didn't send me a picture of his dessert, which is probably for the best :)

Okay, onto today.

Today is banana day. I get to eat up to eight bananas and I get to drink up to eight glasses of skim milk.

This morning, I made a huge mistake when I woke up. I was planning on completing day two of the 30 Day Shred, but I didn't weigh before I began the workout, therefore I didn't want to drink any water before the workout. Stupid me. Let's just say as soon as that 27 minutes ended, I ran and jumped on the scale, then ran to the kitchen for a Hunger Games glass of water.

After getting ready for work, I packed my food. Much easier today, but also quite a bit heavier.

7 bananas. 1 gallon of skim milk. 1 8 oz. glass.
I'm sure everyone who shares the fridge at work is hating me today. Usually I write my initials "JLS" on all of my food...but today I just put a big "J" so maybe people won't know it's mine.

I also put about a pound of raw chicken breast in the crockpot before I left for work. I am excited to eat meat again tomorrow. YAY for protein!

I ate my first banana and drank my first glass of milk before work. I tried to space everything out about two to two-and-a-half hours. Also, I drank a ton of water in between.

Side note: What's with the weather? It's almost May and it was so cold this morning! This Florida girl is ready for the summer to kick in (although I'm sure I'll be begging for fall by June).

Another side note: Do you ever have a song come on, especially in the morning, and you're just like, "Yes, this is perfect!"? Well, I did, and it made my drive to work quite delightful.


Funny story about this song. Jason and I have a friend (he was Jason's friend first, but I adopted him as my friend too) who plays drums. He loves this song because of the drum beat or melody or some musical term. But the first couple of lyrics to this song are, "I wish I were pretty". Every time this song comes on, I think about him looking into a mirror batting his eyes singing this to himself. I just can't help it. Maybe that's why I enjoyed it so much on my way to work.

Okay, back on track.

In an effort not to bore you with a bunch of pictures of bananas and milk, I'll post the times in which I ate the bananas and milk at the end of the post.

Jason has been trying to be a little more active in his spare time on the road. One of the opening artists on the tour with them sent me this picture of Jason playing Wiffle Ball.
Jason up to bat! Picture courtesy of Lindsay Mattingly
Unfortunately, his team didn't win, but he did slide into home base. GO JASON!

I've become accustomed to my 3:00 snack time. It gives me something to look forward to after lunch and makes the stretch to 5:00 not seem so long. I wasn't really ready for another banana since I ate lunch around 1:00, so I settled for a 3:00 tea time.

I could definitely be British. Delicious!

I got home from work tonight feeling quite weak. Not weak in the "I need to eat" way. I just have a lack of energy. This could be because of the food selection today. Or it could be because I have been using a lot of energy this week and not eating the foods to support that. More than likely, it's a combination of both.

I was planning on going for another nice walk after work today, but I decided to just go home and rest due to my lack of energy.

When I arrived home I found this little gem.
Special Delivery to me! Saturday morning is going to be great!

Talk about temptation. There are exactly 64 K-Cups full of coffee grounds in this box.

My eating times ended up being (all of these are a medium banana and 8 oz. of skim milk):
7:30 - Milk & Banana
8:00 - Herbal Tea
10:15 - Banana
11:30 - Milk
1:00 - Banana & Milk
3:15 - Herbal Tea
4:30 - Banana
6:00 - Milk
7:15 - Herbal Tea
8:00 - Milk & Banana (this is my plan at least it's only 7:15 now)


Day "boring" 4 = complete



On that note, I'm going to call it a night soon. I'm off to watch the New Girl and hit the hay early.

Tomorrow is chicken/turkey and tomato day. I'm very much looking forward to eating chicken, but very hesitant about the tomato part. I'm hoping that tomorrow is a turning point for me and my food habits. I would love to like tomatoes, or at least not hate them.

Enough rambling on my end for one day. How are you feeling today?

No comments:

Post a Comment