Monday, May 13, 2013

Weekend Top 5 - Round 2

Here we go again -

#5: Making my first creation with my new sewing machine.
I made a pillow! A few weeks ago I accidentally turned all of our pillow shams blue after washing them at the same time as a new hoodie. Yesterday I found some really awesome fabric that was on sale (yes!) and made a new sham. I still have one to go and I need to sew some buttons on, but I'm pretty proud of my first project.


#4: Watching Jason do the worm.
Jason is pretty good at making me laugh so hard that I cry. He's seriously the funniest person I've ever met. We're kind of like Claire and Phil from "Modern Family" (except I'm probably a little bit more laid back than Claire) in the sense that Jason would get really jealous if another man made me laugh as hard as he makes me laugh. Anyway, last night as we were sitting on the couch watching TV, Jason and I started laughing at something - so of course he decides to get up, lay on the ground, and do his version of the worm. I literally started crying. I wish I had a video, but unfortunately, I was laughing too hard to think straight.

#3: Being told Happy Mother's Day...twice.
I'm not a mom. I'm not even a pet mom. BUT, I do hope to be a mom someday. Yesterday I was told Happy Mother's Day, not once, but twice. Honestly, I was a little surprised because until yesterday, people always assumed I was about 18 years old. Apparently I went from being 18 to being a mom, so I basically skipped about 8 years of my life. Honestly, I take it as a compliment though. My mom is pretty rad, so if I look anything like her, I will definitely accept that. Also, upon hearing my story, Jason said that I should go get the Mother's Day free froyo from YoMo (aka Yogurt Mountain). But alas, I am not a liar. Maybe in a few years random friendly people...maybe in a few years.

#2: Talking to my mom for 2 hours on the phone.
My mom and I used to talk for about an hour a day when I was in college. Then she went back to teaching full-time and I began working full-time. Now we text pretty often, but it's rare that we get a collective hour on the phone throughout an entire week. Well, Saturday I spent a full 2 hours on the phone with my mom. It. Was. Awesome. I just love hearing her wisdom and being encouraged by her.




#1: Ending my birthday week with dinner at La Paz.
Friday night a group of friends all met Jason and I at La Paz for one last birthday celebration. This seemed like the longest birthday week ever, but there was really no way around that. Since we went to Destin last weekend, the infamous birthday week started early on Saturday with a family party. Then, Jason continued it on Monday by taking me to see "Iron Man 3". Then Tuesday my work friends took me to lunch, and Jason took me to dinner. Jason wanted me to get to celebrate with a group of our friends, but it's just hard sometimes to get people together during the week when everyone has to be to work early the next morning. So, we put it off until Friday - which was so wonderful. I am truly blessed to have such incredible friends in my life. So thank you all, for all you did from Saturday to Friday for my birthday. It was simply a terrific week.
Cake. It was delicious. It was also my breakfast all weekend.

Oh - and I got to hang out with this cutie on Friday!!
{Baby Kyla <3 Jessica}


I hope each of you had a fabulous weekend as well. Happy Belated Mother's Day to all of you moms out there - and future moms!


 photo blogsignature_zps350ab85e.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment