Friday, May 3, 2013

Re-KINDLEd Love: A List of Books

In high school and college I had to read a lot for school. Lots of textbooks. Lots of books. Lots of articles. Just lots and lots of reading. So for the first year out of college, I didn't want to touch a book. I listened to the Hunger Games on audiobook, but that was about the extent of my "reading". Over the last year, so my second year out of college, my love for reading has been rekindled, in part to the Kindle app on my iPad.

There are a few things that I love about reading eBooks.
  1. They can fit in my purse.
  2. I can get them from the library without having to go to the library.
  3. They're cheaper (most of the time).
  4. I can highlight in them and then copy the highlights and notes into a document to keep forever and ever.
  5. They don't take up space on my bookshelf.
So you see, reading on my iPad has revolutionized my desire to read. As requested, here's a list of books I've read over the last year, I'm reading now, and I'd like to read over the next year. I've linked everything to Amazon because that's just the best place to buy anything.

If you want to recommend something to me, comment below! I have bolded (?) what I recommend to you.

Books I've read in the last year (not in order):
  • Chronicles of Narnia, C.S. Lewis - If you've never read these, READ THEM NOW! Also, I'm decorating my long-time-in-the-future nursery with a Narnia theme. Just FYI.
    • The Magician's Nephew
    •  The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
    • The Horse and His Boy
    • Prince Caspian
    • The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
    • The Silver Chair
    • The Last Battle
  • Redeeming Love, Francine Rivers - Great story for single or engaged women to read
  • Kisses from Katie, Katie Davis - If you have a heart for adoption
  • Quitter, Jon Acuff - Yay Samford JMC!
  • Made to Crave, Lysa TerKeurst - If you battle weight, self-esteem, and/or food, this is for you
  • Through My Eyes, Tim Tebow
  • Is Everyone Hanging out Without Me?, Mindy Kaling
  • Calm My Anxious Heart, Linda Dillow - If you read Made to Crave, read this too
  • Bonhoeffer, Eric Metaxas - Just read it
  • The Bailey Flanigan Series, Karen Kingsbury
    • Leaving - Book 1 
    • Learning - Book 2 
    • Longing - Book 3 
    • Loving - Book 4
What I'm reading now:
  • The Meaning of Marriage, Tim and Kathy Keller - Single, engaged, married - READ THIS! J and I have camped out at chapter one and it's already insanely awesome!
  • Mark of the Lion, Francine Rivers
    • A Voice in the Wind - I'm reading this one now - INCREDIBLE!
    • An Echo in the Darkness
    • As Sure as the Dawn
  • Breaking Free, Beth Moore
What I want to read over the next year (in no particular order):
 photo blogsignature_zps350ab85e.gif

1 comment: