Friday, May 17, 2013

Two Busy Bees & the Infamous JT

Disclaimer: I feel like I have to take a moment to prove that I'm not naive and that I have a little bit of street smarts. Here's the thing y'all...I'm about to tell you when Jason and I are going to be out of town. That being said, if you want to break into our apartment, that's fine. But everything of any value will be with us, so it'll just be a hassle for you and annoying for us.

Over the course of the next few weeks, our schedules are about to get CRAY-ZAY!

In a few hours we'll hit the road to head to Atlanta to see my former roommate, Ashley, and her husband Cody. I'm pretty excited about this for a few reasons.
Photo: So excited to see Ashley Melzer today! And also excited for her husband to meet my husband! It's been way too long! #weweresoyoung #myfaceishuge #werebothmrsm
Ashley and me right before we went home for the summer after freshman year at Samford.
#1: I haven't seen Ashley since BEFORE we both got married.
#2: We're going to a Braves game while we're there.
#3: We get to hang out with awesome friends whom Jason has yet to meet.
#4: We're spending Saturday doing anything I want to do in Atlanta.
#5: Jason said he'd buy me all new furniture at Ikea and put it together for me before Monday.

Okay, okay...so Jason's not aware of the last two things, but he will be soon enough :)

Then we head back to work on Monday for a week that is pretty normal.

Next Saturday we'll head to Nashville for Show Hope's 10 Year Anniversary Concert. Jason lived with a family the summer before we got married and we've become very close with them over the last few years. They've invited us to go up to Nashville and volunteer with them to put on this celebration concert. We are excited about taking a step forward in our involvement with Show Hope. Currently, we are Show Hope sponsors and give to the organization on a monthly basis. Hopefully, in the next couple of years, we will call upon Show Hope to help us when it is time for us to raise support to adopt our first child. Next weekend will be fun in the present, but it will also remind us to keep dreaming for the future.
To read more about Show Hope, click here.
 After that weekend, we'll head back to Atlanta just for a day trip. Jason has been so excited to see Fall Out Boy ever since he found out they might be doing another tour. He's listened to their album about nonstop since it came out and I just know we'll have a blast at that show.

The weekend after THAT, we'll be heading south for a tour through Florida. I'm so excited for my sister Julia because she'll be graduating from high school on that Thursday. Jason and I will get to participate in all of the fun graduation activities to support Julia, and then the next day we'll head over to Jacksonville to see our friends Cody and Lacey tie the knot. We are so honored to be friends with this couple and so blessed to be a part of their special day!

Looking forward a few months, we'll be going back up to Nashville in November for THE 20/20 EXPERIENCE WORLD TOUR: Justin Timberlake at Bridgestone Arena. Words cannot express my excitement for this night!

I've been a JT fan since my dad asked me in 3rd grade if I'd ever heard of N'Sync. I don't remember how it all came about, but the next year my mom and my aunt loaded up my cousins and me to drive to New Orleans to see N'Sync in concert. The next year, we did the same thing with a few of my friends in Biloxi. I have failed to keep up with the four members of N'Sync that aren't JT, but I've definitely kept up with everything he's done. He's just so darn talented.
I'm pretty sure I had this in the form of a poster until I was about 16.
Anyway, it's going to be quite the summer and fall. I can't wait.

Let's hit the road Jack - or...ummm - Jason.


 photo blogsignature_zps350ab85e.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment