Monday, May 6, 2013

Top 5 From the Weekend

Today I decided to do a top 5 from the weekend rather than a Weekend in Review. It was such an eventful weekend, and I don't think I'd be able to cover everything in one post.

#1: Birthday-filled Day Saturday/Time with Loved Ones
Saturday I had a birthday filled day! Jason and I met our friends out at the Red Bar for lunch and then went back to their house to play with their girls, new pets, and eat some yummy pie. Then, when we got back to my parent's house, we had a family birthday party with my parents, grandparents, aunt, uncle, and a few cousins. It was a blast and so great to see everyone. I'm truly blessed.
Blowing out my birthday candles with Reese & Maggie's help
Jason learning to be a zoo owner -
WE BOUGHT A ZOO
jk
Lunch at one of my favorites!
#2: Shopping for Free
As a birthday gift, my parents let me pick out an outfit at LOFT, aka my favorite store ever. Yesterday Jason and I headed over to the Destin Commons, and I was on a mission. Since I'm spending my birthday at work again this year, I decided to find an outfit that was a great work outfit, but that was also summery, fun, and totally me. After about six dresses, three skirts, and too many cardigans to count, I finally found my perfect work-birthday outfit. Shopping is always the best when someone else is buying (thanks Mom and Dad)! Stay tuned for a picture tomorrow.

#3: Walk Along the Beach (road)
Jason and I aren't HUGE beach people. That's probably because we both grew up in beach towns. But we do appreciate the salt water smell and the wind in our hair. So Saturday morning we slept in a little bit and then headed out to the beach road for a nice, long walk. To me, that's the best way to experience the beach without getting all sandy and salty.


The wind in our hair...
#4: Going Through Old Yearbooks
When I was little I used to love going through my parents' old yearbooks. They went to school together 4th grade through marriage, so they have all of the same friends and stuff. Now I've taken to looking through my old yearbooks from elementary school and middle school. I'm not really entertained by my high school yearbooks as much. I can't decide if it's because I was on the yearbook staff and I can see every imperfection, or it's just too soon to relive those years, but either way elementary school and middle school yearbooks are tons of fun. Jason got a kick out of how I always circled myself and wrote "Nice" or "Very Very Nice" over my friends' heads. As I got older, I started abbreviating "N" for nice and "VN" for very nice. Some people have "VVN" - which means they're basically awesome. Under my name one year, I wrote "Cool", which leads me to believe that I was actually the opposite of cool. Good times, friends, good times.

#5: 10 Hours in the Car with My Man
Some couples don't travel well together. I've learned this recently. Jason and I travel together really really well (or RRW if we're doing this yearbook style). We like the same music, same podcasts, and we're really good at talking to each other to stay awake, but also letting the other person nap in the passenger seat. I always enjoy traveling with Jason, whether it's a plane, train, or automobile - we've done it all in our three years together. We've even done boat (honeymoon shout out). I honestly wouldn't trade all of our hours in the car together for the world. They're truly great memories.
We had a beautiful drive both ways until we were about
30 miles outside of Bham on the way home :(
Now, tomorrow is my birthday, so check back on Wednesday for a really super exciting Birthday Recap post. How do I know it'll be super exciting? Well, I don't, but I'm hoping for the best :) Positivity People!


 photo blogsignature_zps350ab85e.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment