Thursday, May 30, 2013

It's All Greek To Me

So let's talk about this morning...

I woke up at 5:00. I haven't done that since high school, except for the random early morning trip every now and then. But today, I did it. I woke up at 5:00 and I got a TON of stuff done.

Last night I'd written a general to-do list on the white board we keep on the fridge. By the time I left for work today, I had crossed off about half of the items!

So, what does one do at 5:00 in the morning? Well, I don't know about all the other people who wake up in the middle of the night, but I woke up, got dressed, drove the the Lakeshore Trail, ran for about 35 minutes, came home, showered, made my lunch AND Jason's lunch, straightened my hair (which is rare if I take a shower in the morning), read my Week 15 Day 4 bible reading (Psalms 25, 54, 63, 18), and then left for work.

I like this whole being productive thing!

One thing that I did notice is that I move much slower in the mornings. I usually work out and cook at night, so this morning I felt like I was moving really slow. I also couldn't comprehend anything, like the time - it was as if everything was Greek to me.

Speaking of Greek...

Last night I made chicken roll ups for Jason and a HUGE Greek salad for myself. Both were delicious!

For the chicken roll ups, I used one chicken breast that had been seasoned with a little garlic salt, two whole wheat tortillas, cream cheese, and a little bit of feta cheese. You can get the full chicken roll ups recipe here.

Remember, Jason likes things pretty basic: bread, chicken, cheese.
But you can always add some lettuce to cucumber or even some of your own Greek dressing.

My lovely salad consisted of baby spinach (there's actually a little bit of leftover romaine in there too), one chicken breast seasoned the same way, feta cheese, chia seeds, and Trader Joe's dressing. It was one of the best salad I've ever made for myself!

I even added my Zoe's cup in the background to add to the Greek-ness of my salad.

Any night that includes handfuls of feta is a good night to me. I think I may just be Greek.

In other news, if you'd like to become part of the "5Club", you can download the app.

Here's what happens: When your alarm goes off at 5:00 a.m., you have one minute to "check in". I'll keep you all updated on how long this lasts, but I really would like for it to become part of my routine! When you're as busy as I've been lately (who am I kidding, most of us are that busy), any extra hours to add to the day are cherished!

 photo blogsignature_zps350ab85e.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment