Wednesday, May 8, 2013

A Birthday In Review

So, I had a pretty great birthday. For some reason this year I've just been really really excited about my birthday. Last year I was more excited about Jason coming home from the tour and getting married. The year before that, I was excited about graduating college. So it's been a few years since I've been super hyped up just about my birthday - and man did this birthday deliver.

I'm probably the only 24-year-old who goes to work at a normal time the night before her birthday, sets her alarm for 6:30 the next morning, and then sets a separate alarm for midnight. Since I turned 20, I haven't had anyone else in the room with me when the clock struck midnight to declare my birthday to - but now I do. So come 12:00 a.m. on May 7th, my trusty alarm started buzzing and I heard this groggy, "What is THAT?" from beside me. I was only coherent enough to mumble "It's my birthday now," turn off the alarm, and quickly fall back into my dreamy abyss.
I honestly thought I dreamed this screenshot.
Needless to say, I probably won't set an alarm for midnight next year (sorry 'bout that Jason).

I woke up and got ready for work, complete with my snazzy new clothes.
Can you tell I just woke up? My eyes are still puffy.
I decided to skip breakfast because I knew the day would be full of yummy food, but as I was leaving I began to regret that decision. Thankfully, Tuesday is the day that my department always meets at work and usually someone brings breakfast. Thanks to Jenna, I got a delightfully tasty sprinkle doughnut - all I had to do is navigate us to Dunkin Donuts.

My cube yesterday.
Next came lunchtime. Some of my friends from work took me and other birthday girl, Morgan (her birthday was May 5th), to lunch at Olexa's. As always, the cake melted in my mouth. They even brought our cake out with little candles in it for our birthdays.

Best cake ever.


After work, I headed home knowing that a delicious meal was in my future. I'd requested for Jason to take me to Leonardo's, so I was really disappointed when he called and said that they were closed. I didn't believe him at first, but sure enough, the phone line was disconnected and the place was closed down. I started trying to think of another place to go as I was driving home from work, but I literally only wanted Leonardo's.

When I got home, Jason had me go wait for him to get finished setting up my gifts. When I walked into the living room, he'd set everything out so nice. I was shocked at the sewing machine that he bought me! It literally does more than my iPhone, and coming from me that's saying a lot. It will definitely take some time for me to learn how to use it, but I'm excited and I think it'll be an adventure.

I was also really surprised because I figured I was getting a sewing machine because that's all I'd asked for...but Jason went way over the top. He talked to my friend Chastity, who has had just about as many sewing machines as I have iPhones, and she suggested this one. It looks way nicer than anything I saw at Target and I'm so thankful he bought me something that will last me many years to come.

After a very frustrating conversation over where to go for dinner (frustrating because I was frustrated, not because Jason was frustrating me...I feel like I need to make that very clear after I just bragged on him), I decided on Mafiaoza's in Crestline Village. We completely forgot that it was 2 for 1 pizza night, but it worked out of us in the end. We had a great dinner and decided to go back on another Tuesday night soon for more cheap, but delicious pizza. We even had plenty of food for leftovers. 
Waiting for our table.
We got home around 8:30 and settled in with a Steel City Pop, "The New Girl" (or "It's Jess" as Jason lovingly calls it), and "The Mindy Project". Those are two of my favorite shows, so I was happy for a quiet end to my birthday with just me, my friends Zoe and Mindy, and Jason. Oh, and as an added birthday bonus, yesterday was Winston's birthday too (if you watch It's Jess, you know what I mean) AND Mindy Kaling was on "The Daily Show" (I don't watch that normally, but I saw that she would be interviewed on Instagram so I was able to DVR it)...she's so funny. Jason calls my fascination with her obsession, I call it a healthy interest. Tomato - tomato.

Thank you to everyone who wished my a happy birthday. I'm reminded each year how very blessed I am for the people who surround me. I am so undeserving, but so very appreciative.

 photo blogsignature_zps350ab85e.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment