Friday, June 15, 2012

Takin' Care of Business

WHOOHOO! We are in the double digits, people! After weeks and months of 100's of days until our wedding alerts, this makes it feel like it's actually within my reach! Using a race analogy, we're not quite to the sprinting point, but we're definitely picking up the pace because the finish line (or in this case, the beginning line) is in sight!

As excited as I am about this, I have to admit that it makes me a weeeeee bit anxious (I refuse to be stressed). While we have all of the big stuff booked, there are a lot of little details that we (I) still have to get in order before the big day. Looks like I'll be creating a to-do list like no other.

But it looks like this milestone day has come just in the nick of time. Last weekend, my family was in town for my sister's orientation and my parents were able to get a lot of wedding stuff done. They were able to confirm the order, drop off supplies, and talk to Olexa's about our cake. They were also able to figure out the bridesmaids brunch and our bouquets. This weekend, some of Jason's family is in town so we're figuring out the rehearsal dinner, figuring out the tux/suit situation, and shopping. Today, I ordered my dress for the rehearsal dinner.

So, as you can see, things are coming a long nicely! I guess I really don't have any reason to be stressed...or uh...anxious, right? We're takin' care of biznuss!

As fun as all this wedding planning is, I'm ready to experience a wedding other than my own. Next weekend Jason and I will be headed to beautiful North Carolina to see two of our friends get married. I am beyond excited for them and overly ecstatic for our little mini vacay!

Before I end today's post, let me take a moment to express my sincere gratitude for all of the fathers out there. Father's Day is a very special day. Not only do I have a wonderful dad, but I am also very blessed to be able to spend this Father's Day with my future father-in-law. Jason and I are so very blessed to have two amazing men in our lives who are there to guide us spiritually, physically, financially, and prayerfully through this new phase of life. My dad has never had a son before and Jason's dad has never had a daughter...I think we're both equally excited to officially become part of each others families in September!

Well, I better quit rambling and get to working on my to-do list! Have a great weekend everyone! Enjoy the sunshine & Happy Father's Day :)

“The father of the righteous will greatly rejoice; he who fathers a wise son will be glad in him.” - Proverbs 23:24

No comments:

Post a Comment