Friday, June 8, 2012

Evolution of Engagement

Welp, it's official - Jason and I are no longer neighbors.

Last night as he was locking the door to 1662 B for the last time, I really wanted to be sad. I think that I was sad inside but as much as I wanted to embrace that emotion, there was something holding me back. I think that the joy of moving forward and getting one step closer to "my" apartment becoming "our" apartment was overriding any sadness that I was feeling.

That's a good thing, right?
Jason turning in his keys.
Anywhoo...

Busy weekend take three will start this afternoon. I feel like I've been moving and cleaning and washing and cleaning for two weeks! There is something really satisfying about knowing that I'll walk into a clean apartment this evening, so the work that we've been putting in for the last few weeks is paying off.

Like I said, one step closer to "my" becoming "our".

Wednesday night I made one of the Sansom/Morales household staples for dinner: Buffalo Chicken

Crock pot Buffalo Chicken:
Ingredients
  • 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
  • 1/4 c. chili sauce
  • 1 packed Hidden Valley dry ranch dressing
Directions
  1. Spray the inside of the crock pot with nonstick cooking spray.
  2. Place raw chicken inside the crock pot.
  3. Top with chili sauce and sprinkle dry ranch dressing on top.
  4.  Set crock pot to 8 hours on low.
  5. After it's cooked, shred chicken. Buffalo chicken can be served a variety of ways (sandwich, plain, salad, etc.)
Jason at his Buff Chick as a sandwich with corn on the cob. I ate mine plain with a little shredded cheese and salsa on top. I made a salad with feta cheese and balsamic vinegar to go on the side.
It's Friday, so the rambling will be kept to a minimum. I hope you all enjoy this weekend and I'll write again on Monday!

“GOD, the Lord, is my strength; he makes my feet like the deer's; he makes me tread on my high places. To the choirmaster: with stringed instruments.” - Habakkuk 3:19

No comments:

Post a Comment