Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Productive Weekend in Review

Here's our VERY productive weekend in review:

Friday -

I just love a trip to the mall. 

Friday night we got new dishes. They look a little something like this:
Jason with our new dishes.


We also got a "something old". Jason's step mom gave us some really awesome red cups as well as some red vases. The cups are from 1967 and they're really cool looking!

We also went to eat at Stix. I went with the teriyaki  chicken with veggies and brown rice. I had enough left over to eat Saturday night as well. Definitely our new favorite Asian food joint.

Saturday - 

Although we didn't we get to sleep in, it ended up being a pretty restful day. We got up early and took Jason's family to see our wedding venue. They loved it, and it was perfect weather.

Then we went to eat at the wonderful Olexa's in Mountain Brook Village. We wanted to make sure that they got to taste our cake :)

Next, Jason got fitted for his tux/suit! Look how hot my fiance is!!!
This is what Jason will be wearing.
This is what the groomsmen/dads will be wearing.
After lunch we kind of went our separate ways. We were all tired and wanted to rest. After about an hour of just chillin' by the TV, Jason and I decided to be productive. We basically just ran errands until dinner time.

Then we rented a movie and watched it at the apartment.




Sunday -

We got up early again to go to the 9:00 service at Brook Hills. We wanted to make sure that Jason's fam got to go to church with us but they also had a long drive ahead of them. I was okay with going to church early...it meant that I got to eat "Perfect Oatmeal" from Starbucks on the way.

After church we went to eat lunch to celebrate Father's Day with Jason's dad. We went to The Fish Market, which is right by our church and only a couple of miles from our wedding venue. While we were there, we asked if they can accommodate rehearsal dinners. After lots of looking, talking, and booking, we now have our rehearsal dinner location! Just one less thing to do :)

After church, they hit the road and Jason and I hit the grocery store. It had been a while since I'd done anything even close to a full grocery run. Since we were in the area, we decided to go to Target rather than the usual Publix.

We ended up leaving with a new TV!
Jason setting up his new toy...that lives at my apartment :)
We decided to rent another movie, but we ended up just watching Netflix instead. We also made our third voyage to Steel City Pops. I went with coffee and Jason rolled with strawberry cream.

Sunday night, I made lots and lots of food. I spent probably an hour and a half cooking four meals for two...but more on that tomorrow.

Monday - 

I know Monday isn't a weekend day, but since I'm kind of running a day behind on my blog, I'll just include it.

Yesterday Jason and I both had to work, and then we helped put on Rock the Block with our small group.

Rock the Block is basically Vacation Bible School in a neighborhood or, in this case, an apartment complex. The goal is to reach more people in the community with the gospel as well as build relationships with the folks that live around you.  

We played games, did a bible lesson, and ate popsicles.
Celeste teaching about Moses (right) and the Egyptians (Pharaoh in his "robe" is on the left)
David sharing the gospel to all of these kiddos.

Prayer time. How precious?

Hope you all have a happy Tuesday. Rambling done now.

No comments:

Post a Comment