Monday, October 15, 2012

Case of the Mondays

 

 
I've got a case of the Mondays. I'm tired, I'm hungry, and I just want to go back to Saturday. 
 
 Jason and I had a wonderful weekend full of festivities. Friday night we saw Ben Rector play at Samford's Homecoming Bonfire. Since the weather was so wonderful, we drove around downtown with the windows down, and then we ended our night at Yogurt Lab. 

Saturday we attended Samford's Homecoming Tailgate. Then we headed home for a quick nap and then we attended my friend Cara's wedding. 

Homecoming was fun, and I was feeling pretty old there for a while. Everyone around me looked like they were still in high school. Jason even looked at some kids and whispered to me, "College kids keep getting younger and younger these days," which of course made me laugh. I think he could tell I was feeling more like a 20-something and less like a college kid. BUT, right before we left I went to my sister's dorm room really quick and when I was waiting outside her door a freshman girl and her parents walked up. She asked if I needed to be let in and I said I did. Her mom asked if I was having a good day so far, and I said I was. Then the girl asked me which floor I lived on! I started to feel really great about myself, then I realized that means I look like I'm an 18-year-old freshman. Oh well. I guess that means that when I'm 35, I'll look 29!
Fun times.
Next on the list was Cara's wedding. The weather couldn't have been better. Everything was overly beautiful (including the bride of course)! Cara and Brent could not have asked for anything more perfect, I'm sure. 
I couldn't get a picture without people's heads in the way. Ugh!
Along with being absolutely gorgeous, the wedding was awesomely unique. Brent works for Chick-fil-a, so of course there were endless chicken nuggets, which Jason thoroughly enjoyed. But, the real clucker came when Cara and Brent were announced for their first dance. I won't even tell you what happened, I'll just show you this picture:
Their first dance!

Their actual first dance.
Jason and I also really enjoyed the photo booth.



The funny thing was, we'd planned out exactly what we were going to do at the photo booth, but then we froze once we got up there - thus, the result.

Yesterday was a pretty normal Sunday. We went to early church and lunch. After that Jason went to work and I went to the grocery store twice. The only positive thing that came out of my double grocery store day was this:

I'm seriously looking forward to 3:00 snack time today!

Well then, I've blogged to you...
Now you can blogbacktome

No comments:

Post a Comment