Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Battle Wounds



...well...sort of...

Last night I made Cheesy Butternut Squash and Chicken Bake per Dashing Dish's recipe.




I decided that I would cube the squash before cooking it (as it recipe indicates). I will never do that again. My arms are SO sore from cutting - and probably because I'm still really out of shape. In fact, I was on the phone with my mom as I was attempting my first go-round with the butternut squash and she said that I sounded like I was struggling. She was right...in fact I was breaking a sweat.
Boiling squash. Jason said it looked/smelled like pumpkin and wanted to know if we could roast the seeds.

But...the effort was worth it. The meal turned out pretty well. Jason gave it a thumbs up, but said that I should probably wait a little while before making it again. He doesn't do super well with new tastes, but he did go back for seconds!

I also realized later (when I couldn't figure out where the blood was coming from) that I had cut my thumb with my cheese grater. Whoops!
My baby battle wound.

So, if you're looking for a fall meal to make, a new arm work out, and a little danger, this recipe is for you!

Oh, and I have a new coffee obsession - but that shouldn't be too surprising!
Delicious doesn't begin to describe this coffee.

Welp, there you have it...

I've blogged to you...
Now you can blogbacktome.

No comments:

Post a Comment