Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Directions, Losses, and Gains

What a week it has been. I apologize that I've been so extremely random in my blogging habits lately. Things have been busy!

So... a couple of updates:
  • The wedding is now 74 days away!
  • Every time I sit down at home, I think of about 5 things I should be doing.
  • I have no idea what I'll talk to people (or Jason)about after September 22nd.
  • Pre-marital counseling is awesome. 
  • I haven't lost any weight on WW, even though I've stuck to the plan 100%.
  • My dress is getting about seven inches of length cut off of it as we speak.
  • I need to work out my arms.
  • I have a lot of new recipes that I've been trying. 
  • Jason turns 26 in two weeks. 
  • My dad turns 50 tomorrow.
  • I feel like I'm constantly doing laundry.
  • I'm okay with the fact that I'm constantly doing laundry.
  • I'm learning to be comfortable in my own skin.
  • I think I know what I want to be when I grow up.
  • I have no clue how to be what I want to be when I grow up.
  • I'm reading three books at one time.
  • I'm frustrated with WW.
  • I'm thankful for WW.
  • I hate carbs.
I think that about sums it all up. 

Here are my latest eats:


Chicken Skillet

Normal lunch for me

Saturday morning breakfast
Chicken roll ups with Tzatziki sauce.

Chicken Skillet (adapted from Betty Crocker recipe):
Yields 4 servings
Ingredients
  • 1 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 1/2 diced red peppers 
  • 1/2 chopped red onions
  • 1 can reduced sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 cup Old El Paso® Thick 'n Chunky salsa
  • 1 Old El Paso® flour tortilla for burritos (8 inch) (from 11.5-ounce package), cut into 2x1-inch strips
  • 4 oz. low-fat shredded Cheddar cheese 
Directions
  1. In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in oil 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink in center.
  2. Stir in vegetables, beans and salsa; reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
  3. Sprinkle with tortilla strips and cheese. Cover and cook about 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. 
Chicken Roll Ups (adapted from Dashing Dish recipe):
Ingredients:
for the chicken
  • 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2 tbsp. lemon juice
  • 1 tbsp. EVOO
  • 2 tbsp. water
for the Tzatziki sauce 
  • 1/2 c. 0% fat plain Greek yogurt
  • 1/2 medium cucumber, grated and squeezed dry
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. lemon juice  
for the pita toppings
  • High fiber/low carb tortillas (or pita) 
  • Reduced fat feta cheese, crumbled
Directions:
  1. Place all of the ingredients for the chicken in the crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
  2. To make the sauce, start by grating the cucumber over a small bowl. Blot the excess moisture with a paper towel until dry.
  3. Add the yogurt, garlic, salt, and vinegar to the grated cucumber. Whisk until everything is well combined. Cover and refrigerate until serving (I put mine in a medium sized mason jar and kept the excess for other meals).
  4. Place one sliced chicken breast onto each tortilla or pita bread. Top each with 1/4 cup yogurt mixture, feta, and onion if desired. Roll pita over chicken, and enjoy!
A look at my "Normal Lunch":
  • 2 oz. of low fat or fat free turkey w/ something on top (1/2 avocado, honey mustard, etc.)
  • 1 oz. of low fat cheese
  • Sugar free jello cup
  • Dannon Light & Fit yogurt (or Publix fat free yogurt)
  • Something green
  • Fruit 

A look at my "Saturday Breakfast":































I try to keep my breakfasts small, but it really is my favorite meal of the day. On Saturdays, I try to make it special by spending time actually cooking breakfast. This usually consists of a an egg and some fruit. On a weekday morning, I usually eat a boiled egg, 4 oz. of 2% cottage cheese, or a 0% Greek yogurt.



I hope you all feel slightly more caught up on the happenings of my food world (and I guess my world in general). I'll be expanding on some of those things I listed at the beginning throughout the week. But for today, I'm done rambling 





 
P.S. Who is team 1 "f" Jef and who is team Arie? Ready...go!


















No comments:

Post a Comment