Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fun for Everyone

So the random, middle-of-the-week holiday has come and gone. Does anyone else feel like it should be a Monday?

Happy belated 4th of July to everyone! I hope you all had  a great day. I had the day off, but Jason had to work. That made for a productive holiday for me!

Since I'm on week two of Weight Watchers, I didn't partake in any super delicious eating festivities until the end of the evening.

Jason's mom is coming in town tomorrow, so I wanted to make sure that I'm showing off [what will be] our apartment looking the best it can. By about 2:00, I was very proud of my progress, so I headed to the pool for about an hour.

After the pool, I got my shower and just kind of enjoyed some down time as I waited for Jason to get off work.

This was my first year in Birmingham on the 4th of July. Usually, I'm out of town or I'm at home with my family in Destin...so I really didn't know what Alabamians do on this holiday.

We ended up meeting up with some friends. We went to dinner at Pinches Tacos, where I ate way too many chips. We walked to Steel City Pops after that, and then to Homewood Park to watch the fireworks. We had a bit of time to kill at the park before the fireworks, so here's how Jason used his time -
 

Then I decided to join him -
 
I found that it's not super lady like to swing in a dress.



All in all, this was a fantastic 4th of July...especially compared to last year when I couldn't turn my head to see the fireworks due to a crick in my neck :( Thankfully, I started seeing a chiropractor who has taken care of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment