Monday, July 16, 2012

Another Weekend has Come & Gone

What a wonderful weekend we had! We got to spend time with friends, each other, shop, relax, and work. After a whirlwind week at work for both Jason and me, we definitely needed some down time.

The last few weekends have been wonderful, but busy. They've been the kind of weekends where you need another weekend to catch up from the weekend.

As you all know, I'm right in the middle of planning my wedding. We are officially 68 days away! I feel like almost every conversation I have is full of wedding talk...and I love every minute of it! So far, I really have enjoyed every part of wedding planning. My mom and sisters have been INCREDIBLE at tackling all of the decorations for our ceremony and reception. I've handled the majority of booking things, big picture planning, and administrative things, such as getting the invitations prepared to go out.

Speaking of invitations...
off they go!
And here are a couple of other "sneak peaks" at what my mom has been working on:
flower pots pained by my sister

pales for the flower girls

flowers to go at the end of the pews in the chapel.
complete with sentimental broaches from my grandmother.
boutonnieres for all of the guys -- handmade by my mom and sisters
My mom and sisters seriously could go into business making this stuff! Every time they send me a picture I'm so stinkin' impressed! They have gone way above and beyond every expectation I could have imagined!

So far I've had the hardest time finding shoes to wear on my wedding day. I've probably bought and taken back five pairs of shoes. Finally, I decided to just wear the same shoes as my bridesmaids (red patten leather ballet flats) because I couldn't find exactly what I wanted. I wanted to wear flats, I wanted them to be red, I wanted a sandal, I wanted some sort of embellishment, and I didn't want flip flops because I don't want to make noise when I walk. I really didn't think this was too much to ask, but after five months and five pairs of shoes, I thought maybe it is too much to ask.

Yesterday, Jason and I decided to go out to the outlet mall in Leeds. We'd never been out there shopping, but we both love a good bargain, so we headed that way. While we were there, I stumbled upon these little babies -

THEY ARE PERFECT!

I'm literally almost as excited as I was after I bought my wedding dress.

So, I'll quit my wedding rambling - I'm sure there's a lot more of that once we get closer! If anyone has advice on how to not freak out (in a good way) every day that the wedding gets closer and completely obsess (again, in a good way) on the day just getting here, please pass it along to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment