Wednesday, December 21, 2011

All Dressed Up

Sometimes I feel like this little guy. He's all dressed up and ready to take on the world.

I've  been out of college for about 7 months now. I've had a full-time job for about 5 months, and I'm enjoying this new phase of life to the absolute fullest. Sometimes it's scary and I undoubtedly dread every bill that comes in the mail, but I also find great joy and thankfulness when I write the checks that pay my bills. I'm truly blessed more than I deserve and more than I can even comprehend.

Yesterday, December 20th, I bought a car. I traded in my Jeep and I bought myself something a little newer and a little better on gas (YAY). I was beyond excited as I walked into the dealership to sign the papers. I walked in with my head held high ready to sign my name over and over again. I walked in feeling like an adult. I knew that it was a moment that would be a turning point of maturity for me. I was buying a car.

Then it happened. I had to sign something saying that I am at least 19 years old. The guy at the dealership stopped for a second, he looked at me a little closer, and then he said, "Wait, you are at least 19, right?"

Yes, yes, I am. That was not the first, nor will it be the last time someone mistakes me for being younger than I actually am. You know the saying, "All dressed up and no place to go?" Well, I kind of feel like the opposite. I feel like Little Dwight. I'm all dressed up, and I look like I have no where to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment