Thursday, October 27, 2011

In light of yesterday's post...

In light of yesterday's post, I decided to put some action behind the words that I wrote.

I have wanted to rearrange my bedroom for a couple of weeks, but I honestly really didn't want to deal with all the "stuff" I have.  I knew that rearranging would mean that I have to go through some things, throw stuff away, put stuff in piles to give away, and I just wanted to avoid it all.  But last night I buckled down and decided to rearrange, reorganize, and go through all of my stuff.

A couple of realizations:
1) I have a lot of clothes, but I'm good about wearing all of them.  I've given myself until the end of the year.  Whatever I don't wear by the end of the year goes.
2) I have way too many books and DVDs that I'm never going to read or watch again.  I should probably get rid of 90% of those things.
3) Most of my stuff is in really good condition.
4) I have absolutely no clue how I accumulated all of the junk I have.
5) I used to have a shoe collection that could battle Paris Hilton (or some other random celebrity that shops a lot).  I really don't have that many pairs of shoes anymore.  I can't figure out what happened to all of my shoes...?

My night ended with a nicely organized room with much more space, one large bag of trash, one large bag of give-away clothes, and lots of items listed for sale online.  I've decided to sell 90% of my books and DVDs.  I've listed them on half.com, mainly because it's the easiest way I could think to keep up with what I have and what I've sold. 

I'd like to think that I'm doing some sort of "online garage sale".  If you would like to buy something from me, just let me know.  You can make an offer to me directly to me through Twitter, Facebook, or email, or you can buy it from half.com.  Either way works.  All of the money that I make on this stuff will go toward something important (a mission trip, my Compassion International child, or something else along those lines)!

Here's the link to my half.com store: http://shops.half.ebay.com/jessicaleanne850_W0QQ

No comments:

Post a Comment